"God can do anything, you know-far more than you could ever imagine or guess or request in your wildest dreams! He does it not by pushing us around but by working within us, his Spirit deeply and gently within us."
(Ephesians 3:20, The Message)
Becomer Counseling Services is a faith-based counseling practice that helps people become fully alive, whole human beings as designed by their Creator, co-laborers with God. I use an integrated therapy process that helps clients identify and heal hurts, habits, and wounds that hinder or block intimacy with God, oneself, family, and other relationships. Becomer Counseling Services believes that everyone is worthy of living a fulfilling life.
Becoming is a process of getting unstuck from the past, being hopeful for the future, and living peacefully in the present - one day at a time.
What Is Professional Pastoral Counseling?
Professional pastoral counseling is a unique form of counseling that uses spiritual resources as well as sound psychological understanding for healing and growth. Providers are certified pastoral counselors who are mental health professionals as well as trained theologians.
How Does Pastoral Counseling Differ from Non-Pastoral?
Like any effective counselor, I accept people where they are and journey with them as they achieve their goals. Because I am also a Christian minister, I embrace a biblical worldview that proclaims Jesus as The Wounded Healer who loves us unconditionally. He accepts us with our brokenness and initiates transforming relationships that empower us to be all we were designed to be. Though I am not forceful about my biblical worldview, those are the lenses through which I see our journeys. I counsel people regardless of their religious perspectives.
- Marriage and family
- Premarital - preparation for marriage
- Anger management
- Anxiety or stress
- Communication difficulties
- Grief and loss
- Low self-worth
- Life transitions
- Spiritual issues
What You Can Expect
- A safe place to discuss anything confidentially, knowing that your pain, heartache, fears, and dreams will be heard and valued
- An environment where imperfections are honored without judgment
- A place where you can identify needs and find healthy ways to get them met
- To be treated with acceptance, respect, honesty, compassion, grace, and truth
- To be provided competent and ethical professional services
- To be grateful you took a courageous step toward transforming your life.
How to Make an Appointment
To schedule an appointment, call 817.966.1446 and leave a message. I check messages frequently and will return your call. Day and evening appointments are available to accommodate your schedule.